Conversion of HEIF to JPG File in FileMaker
Justification of Topic:
One of our customers needs to convert the HEIF file to a JPG file from FileMaker, if we do this task manually, it will be a time-consuming process and manual errors may occur.
To avoid the above-mentioned issues, we have found a solution to convert the HEIF file to a JPG file from FileMaker using ConvertAPI. When we call the ConvertAPI using the FileMaker Insert from URL function, it will convert the file and will provide the result in JSON format. We can then process that JSON data using FileMaker JSON functions and then the converted file can be used in our application as per our need.
Steps to Convert the HEIF file to a JPG file.
Step 1: Create an Account on the ConvertAPI website.
- Create an account in https://www.convertapi.com/ website and note the “Secret key” from “My Dashboard”.
Step 2: Create fields and Scripts in FileMaker.
- In FileMaker Database Create two Container Field one for the HEIF file and another for the JPG file.
- Create a Script to convert the HEIF file to a JPG file using Convert API URL and cURL.
- Initially, we need to set a variable to the value of the HEIF file container field. Variable name must should be end with (.heic)
- ex: $FileToConvert.heic
- Need to set a variable for the following URL
- Need to set a variable for the following cURL ,
- “-F file=@$FileToConvert.heic
- Add “Insert from URL” step, here in “Specify URL” pass the above URL variable and in “Specify cURL Options” pass the above cURL variable.
- Need to set a variable to get the “jpg” output URL from the JSON output, like following,
- JSONGetElement ( $Result ; “FilesUrl” )
- Finally, add an “Insert From URL” for the JPG container field and pass the above variable to get the jpg file.
- For clear detail, please refer below screenshot.
- After executing the above script, it will convert the HEIF file to a JPG file and then store it in the container field, like below
Our team knows all about transitioning, migrating, converting, and upgrading for FileMaker. Companies that require FileMaker Integration can also use our services. Naethra Technologies Pvt Ltd have worked with clients from the USA, Australia, and Singapore and will complete your FileMaker assignment in the best possible way at a lower price but at the same or higher level of excellence.