Send SMS in FileMaker Using Twilio API
Justification of Topic:
One of our customers asked for the ability to send SMS from FileMaker, but unfortunately, there is no direct native code to send SMS from FileMaker.
To overcome this problem, we have found a solution to send SMS from FileMaker using the Twilio API and cURL code. When we call this API and cURL code in the FileMaker script step “Insert from URL,” then it is possible to send SMS from FileMaker.
Steps to send SMS from FileMaker.
Step 1: Create Twilio Account
- The first step, of course, is to create a Twilio account and then note the “Account SID” and “Auth Token” on the Twilio Dashboard. You also need to select the “Sender” mobile number in your Twilio account.
Step 2: Create a script to Send SMS.
- Create a script to send SMS from FileMaker using the Twilio API and cURL code.
- The script mentions variables for Account SID, Auth Token, From Mobile Number, To Mobile Number, Text Content, URL, and cURL code like the following:
- $accountID – Account SID
- $authToken – Auth Token
- $from – From Mobile Number (Sender)
- $to – To Mobile Number
- $body – body of the message
- $url – “https://”& $accountID & “:” & $authToken & “@api.twilio.com/2010-04-01/Accounts/” & $accountID & “/Messages.json”
- $curl – “curl -X POST ” & $url &
- ” –data-urlencode \”Body=” & $body & “\” ” &
- ” –data-urlencode \”From=” & $from & “\” ” &
- ” –data-urlencode \”To=” & $to & “\” “
- In the “Insert from URL” script step, on the URL, option specifies the variable $url, and on the cURL, option specifies the variable $cURL.
- Please see the screenshot below for more information.
- After executing the above script, the SMS will be sent.
Our team knows all about transitioning, migrating, converting, and upgrading for FileMaker. Companies that require FileMaker Integration can also use our services. Naethra Technologies Pvt Ltd have worked with clients from the USA, Australia, and Singapore and will complete your FileMaker assignment in the best possible way at a lower price but at the same or higher level of excellence.