Preview the PDF file inside FileMaker Go
Justification of Topic:
How to preview PDF file (multiple pages) by scrolling inside FileMaker Go applications.
We have created a FileMaker Go application to capture discussion details that were done with customers, grouped by various topics. After the discussion was done, we needed to create a PDF and show it in our FileMaker Go application and needed to get the customer’s signature to get their confirmation. We have created the PDF with discussion details and stored it in a container field. However, the customer is unable to view all the pages in the PDF because, in FileMaker Go, we cannot scroll the PDF that is in the container field, even though the interactive container options are enabled.
Work Around Found:
- In a FileMaker database, you need to create a container field and insert a PDF document with multiple pages.
- Now we need to create a web viewer and give the object name “PDF,” in which we can preview the PDF document.
- Now we have to create a script to make a PDF document viewable in Web Viewer.
- Initially, we need to get the document name.
- It is necessary to create a path to externally store the pdf document in a temporary path with the document name.
- Now we have to export the document into the respective path created using step “Export Field Content.”
- Now, using the “Set Web viewer” step, we have to mention the object name of the web viewer used to preview the document, and in the URL, we have to mention the following text:
- Now in the Web viewer, we can see the scrollable PDF document, which is compatible with both FileMaker Pro and FileMaker Go.
- For clear detail, please refer below screenshot,
Our team knows all about transitioning, migrating, converting, and upgrading for FileMaker. Companies that require FileMaker Integration can also use our services. Naethra Technologies Pvt Ltd have worked with clients from the USA, Australia, and Singapore and will complete your FileMaker assignment in the best possible way at a lower price but at the same or higher level of excellence.